Hi everyone, its been a while here. Hope your all doing great?! Today is all about yarn braids. Be inspired!! 😊
Yarn Wool is also very light weight but not as light as kinky (Marley attachment) also very flexible while styling. I hope to make another soon. 😉 Lets begin!😌
- Attachment Used: I used “Babby Wool” 100% Acrylic Hand & Machine Knitting Yarn. One piece of yarn weighs 40grams.
- How much and where to buy: I got mine at a market in Nigeria (Lagos market). And got a whole pack (16 pieces in a pack), Got all for 1000 Naira, you can purchase it from the salon or market around you, its commonly used for knitting. O yess!!!!😉
- How many packs of wool: I didn’t use the whole pack, it remained 3 pieces of yarn out of the whole pack. Thats 13 pieces used.😊
- How many strands per braids: Used 20 strands per braid at the middle and back, then the front line, used 23 strands per braid.
she secured the edges by banding it and burning the tips
- Color: Dark brown (color 4) and (color 27)
- Length: Bra strap Length (see below)
- How long did you keep the braids: 5 weeks
- CARE: Day time, I apply leave in conditioner to my roots and seal it with shea butter (ori) or any oil. Then I use edge control to tame my edges before going out. -Night time, I protect my roots and edges by placing it in a pineapple style with a satin scarf.
- Cleaning/washing braids: I havnt tried washing my braids cus I’m scared of it not drying well and all, so an alternative, I used apple cider vinegar diluted with water, and cotton balls to cleanse my scalp gently every 2weeks.
Very Good Cleansing Agent for hair, as the Ph level is close to that of the hair
- Hair Care Before Installing: I washed my hair, had a tea rinse (lipton black tea) and deep conditioned my hair. Then Braided my hair to stretch it out!
- Who installed it: My hair stylist came home to make it and it took about 2hours (any stylist that can braid well can do it)
After about 3weeks
After 1 month
Sprayed water on my hair to dampen then took it down. Deep conditioned with Giovanni Hair Reconstructor and also hot Oil Treatment with Jamican black Castor oil. Check out how I take down protective styles and after care treatments HERE
A day after washing
NOTE: When making protective styles keep it MODERATELY loose at the roots so your hair doesn’t pull off. Dont do tight hair-styles just because you think it’l be neat and tidy. A little bit loose doesn’t mean it will look messy or old. I tell you one day of tight tugging hair will cause you chopped edges the next day and do you know what that means??? about 2-3 months of struggling to grow edges back before you see visible growth, so my point, its not worth it!!!😒
allowed my hair Breath For a week
Hope it was detailed enough? Any further questions can be left in the comment section and i will reply. Please Like, Comment and Subscribe
Please Subscribe to my BBM Channel HERE
Thanks!!!!. Stay Blessed!