Today i’ll be showing you all something new I added to my wash Day Routine and I’m loving it big time. ( Pre-Poo) or Pre Shampoo, yes!! I’m in love with the results my Hair got after a Pre-poo treatment. You Need To Try it!!!
Whats Is A Pre- Poo?
A pre shampoo treatment is applied to the hair and /or scalp then left for a period of time (1hours or overnight) before shampooing out. It can be done on natural hair, transitioning hair and relaxed/permed hair.. Yaay!😄
- Protects hair from harsh shampooing process.
- Restores moisture.
- Restores shine.
- Softens Hair
- You reap benefits of whatever pre poo you use.
- Prevents Breakage
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Rinse out Conditioners
- Homemade Blends
- Store Bought Mask
- Hot Oil Treatments
- Whole Fat Yougurt
- Oil Blends
I used Oil and Cantu Rinse out Conditioner.
Procesures For Pre-Poo
- Get your ingredients for your pre-poo.
- Section your hair into 4 or more sections for easy manipulation.
- Apply your choice of pre-poo all over each section from tips to root. I actually applied my oil blend till it was dripping all over me 🙈
- Gently De-tangle each section with a wide tooth comb or your fingers. (I say NO NO to detangling dry natural hair cus its at its weakest and prone to breakage when dry , thats why I applied my products before detangling)
- Cover hair with a conditioning cap for 30mins to 1hour, you can sit under a heated source while you wait, if you choose.
- Finally, rinse hair and follow your regular wash regimen.
I had a Deep Protein treatment and Tea Rinse after, check that out HEREI braided my hair to the back as usual 😜
How often to Pre-Poo Natural Hair?
It’s up to your how often you want to pre-poo your natural hair. I often recommend pre-poo natural hair weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Pre-Poo is done prior to shampooing the hair, so you should pre-poo as often you shampoo your natural hair.
Have you tried Pre Pooing? What do you use to Pre poo?? How was your shedding/breakage after the pre poo? How did your hair feel after?? Please share in the comment section 😊 lets learn more 😉
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my channel HERE
Thanks and stay Blessed!! 😘