First I want to say, I LOVE THE FRAGRANCE OF THIS BRAND! HEAVENLY!!!!
I used the L.O.C method (Liquid. Oil. Cream) to achieve this twist out, and yes Rochelle Graham (CEO of Alikay Naturals) is the inventor of the L.O.C Method! I know right lol😊
- Cut out hair in little Sections.
- Sprayed a dime size Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In Conditioner to soften hair.
- Smoothened through hair and detangled.
- I Applied little of my Oil Mix (which contains essential oils and carrier oils)
- Applied Alikay Naturals Totally Twisted Loc Butter.
- Smoothened through my hair and twisted…
- Allowed it to dry completely then I unravelled the twists, seperated a little and fluffled my roots.
Pros of The two products
- After applying the leave in and the butter my 4C hair curls was soo defined like I was doing a wash and go or I was on the curly girl method. It has never curled up so easily before.
- The fragrance is heavenly
- A little product goes a long way, I actually have full hair.
- All natural ingredients
- When I saw the texture of Alikay naturals Totally twisted hair butter it was soft and light, i expected it to be thick like shea butter or cocoa butter, I was like “will this hold my curls properly?” And yes it did hold it perfecly well. Lightweight hair butter that doesnt weigh down hair
- Lemongrass leave in conditioner penetrates into hair and doesnt just lay ontop of the hair and make it wet or limp. I tried an experiment by rubbing it on my hand and it went in like wow! No residue what so ever!! Im in love!!
- Lemongrass leave in conditioner is a good moisturizer as it kept my hair moisturized for days using the LOC metod
- My ends where sleek not cotton bally.
Points to Look into:
- Its a little pricy (but totally worth it)
- I have seen this product in just one place so its Not readily available in Nigeria.
Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave In Conditioner
The PERFECT moisture solution for ALL HAIR TYPES A lightweight leave in conditioner that penetrates deep into hair cortex to lock in moisture, soften, strengthen and condition each strand. Infused with Essential oils, Aloe Vera and Silk Amino Acid that repair dry damaged hair to promote moisture from the inside the cuticle. The lemon zest scent is yummy and refreshing. Hair will feel silky soft and ready to be styled pretty!
When using as a leave in- After washing hair, Spray on wet hair. Be sure to saturate each strand of hair, to ensure proper coverage. Style as usual. Can also be used as a daily moisturizing spray, simply spray onto hair then style as usual. Safe for color treated hair
Key Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(Aloe Vera Juice) , Cetearyl Alcohol(Coconut derived), Stearalkonium Chloride(Coconut derived), Silk Amino Acids(Natural protein), Vegetable Glycerin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Cymbopogon Flexosus ( Lemongrass) Oil Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Natural Detangling Agent), Sorbic Acid(Food Grade Preservative), Fragrance (Parfum), Color Additives, Botanical Blend
Silk Amino Acid: Natural water soluble protein source, penetrates deep into hair to strengthen, nourish and rebuild damaged hair cuticle. Moisture binding properties repair and protect hair.
Aloe Vera Juice: Moisturizes and conditions, Smoothes hair cuticle, seals moisture in, Strengthens cortex of damaged hair
Lemongrass Oil: Strengthens hair follicles, reduces hair shedding, Promotes shine and volume
Great for retwisting Locs to keep new growth smooth, neat and manageable. Using the benefits of all natural ingredients such as Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E and Grape seed oil Totally Twisted Loc Butter keeps Locs moisturized and hydrated while providing a medium flexible hold. The best part no product buildup, no flakes, no clogged pores, and just amazing healthy Locs. Your Locs deserve this combination of the best natural ingredients, with a soothing cucumber melon scent.
Begin by applying a small amount on wet (recommended) or dry hair. Begin twisting or palm rolling hair in sections. If more is needed add a small amount at a time and continue styling. Use fingertips to rub in excess product. Sit underneath a hooded dryer for faster stronger hold.
Key Ingredients: Prunus Amygdalus (Almond oil), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Vitis vinifera ( Grapeseed oil), Tocopheral (Vitamin E), Prunus Armeniaca( Apricot Kernel Oil), Triticum Vulgare( Wheat Germ Oil), Apis mellifera (Beeswax), Orbignya Oleifera Seed (Babassu) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Botanical Blend Ingredients
Cocoa Butter: A natural emollient that moisturizes and hydrates hair to reduce frizz and dryness
Vitamin E: Antioxidant that improves circulation in scalp, reduces inflammation, repairs damaged follicles to promote healthy hair growth
Grape Seed Oil: Omega 6 fatty acids combat dryness and acts as a sealant to prevent moisture loss in hair and skin.
I also tried a perm rod set with the Aloe berry styling Gel (I will make a more detailed post on this) 😘
Dont forget to subscribe to my bbm channel HERE for more hair tips.
Follow kinkyNigerianCurls On Instagram HERE